Error from trying to build archive Xcode: clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)










1















I recently updated my Xcode and reinstalled an older version for an app that is built on an older version of Xcode.



So I now have Xcode 10 as well as Xcode 9.2 installed on my computer.



I have set the default in the command line to Xcode 9.2, I have changed the location to Xcode 9.2



I have tried to load Name.xcworkspace as opposed to Name.xcodeproj in finder.



I have tried deintegrating and reinstalling my Cocoapods



And yet I keep getting this error whenever I try to build an archive.



What else can I try? I need to push a new build to the App Store, and with this bug, I can't at all.



I am also noticing that Jump to Definition does not work either, so I am assuming there must be some relationship here.



That being said, development versions of the app build fine for the simulator.



What else could be going wrong here? How do I fix this?



I've seen some questions about this, but I have done everything those other questions ask



Full error log:



Ld /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy normal armv7
cd /Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy
export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.0
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch armv7 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.2.sdk -L/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/CardIO/CardIO -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/GoogleAnalytics/Libraries -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/PayPal-iOS-SDK/PayPalMobile -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/ARChromeActivity -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AeroGearHttp -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AeroGearOAuth2 -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Alamofire -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AlamofireNetworkActivityIndicator -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Bolts -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EAIntroView -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EARestrictedScrollView -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EmitterKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Eureka -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKCoreKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKLoginKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKShareKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookCore -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookLogin -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookShare -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/GMStepper -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/GoogleToolboxForMac -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/KINWebBrowser -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Koloda -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/PKHUD -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SimpleKeychain -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SnapKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SwiftyJSON -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/TUSafariActivity -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Unbox -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/UnboxedAlamofire -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/pop -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/AppsFlyerFramework -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Button -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseAnalytics/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseCore/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseInstanceID/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Google/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Pushwoosh/Framework -filelist /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy.LinkFileList -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @loader_path/Frameworks -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -miphoneos-version-min=10.0 -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy_lto.o -fembed-bitcode -Xlinker -bitcode_verify -Xlinker -bitcode_hide_symbols -Xlinker -bitcode_symbol_map -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -Xlinker -final_output -Xlinker /Applications/Candy.app/Candy -fobjc-link-runtime -L/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphoneos -Xlinker -add_ast_path -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy.swiftmodule -ObjC -lCardIO -lGoogleAnalytics -lPayPalMobile -lc++ -lopencv_core -lopencv_imgproc -lsqlite3 -lstdc++ -lz -framework ARChromeActivity -framework AVFoundation -framework Accelerate -framework AdSupport -framework AddressBook -framework AeroGearHttp -framework AeroGearOAuth2 -framework Alamofire -framework AlamofireNetworkActivityIndicator -framework AppsFlyerLib -framework AssetsLibrary -framework AudioToolbox -framework Bolts -framework Button -framework CoreData -framework CoreFoundation -framework CoreLocation -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework EAIntroView -framework EARestrictedScrollView -framework EmitterKit -framework Eureka -framework FBSDKCoreKit -framework FBSDKLoginKit -framework FBSDKShareKit -framework FacebookCore -framework FacebookLogin -framework FacebookShare -framework FirebaseAnalytics -framework FirebaseCore -framework FirebaseInstanceID -framework GGLAnalytics -framework GGLCore -framework GMStepper -framework GoogleToolboxForMac -framework KINWebBrowser -framework Koloda -framework MessageUI -framework MobileCoreServices -framework OpenGLES -framework PKHUD -framework Pushwoosh -framework QuartzCore -framework Security -framework SimpleKeychain -framework SnapKit -framework StoreKit -framework SwiftyJSON -framework SystemConfiguration -framework TUSafariActivity -framework UIKit -framework Unbox -framework UnboxedAlamofire -framework iAd -framework pop -framework AdSupport -framework iAd -framework Pods_Candy -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy

ld: warning: Some object files have incompatible Objective-C category definitions. Some category metadata may be lost. All files containing Objective-C categories should be built using the same compiler.
ld: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: 'Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '1000.11.45.2_0' Reader: '900.0.39.2_0')', using libLTO version 'LLVM version 9.0.0, (clang-900.0.39.2)' for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)









share|improve this question
























  • Show more details of the error from the issue navigator.

    – MwcsMac
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:34











  • Added the error log

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:39











  • Does your code include Objective-C or just the Cocoapods? What version is of Xcode was the app built under when you say older version? Did you run the covert to update code?

    – MwcsMac
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:59











  • It was built under 9.2 or 9.3. I updated Xcode, but I reinstalled older Xcode. I am getting these errors in Xcode 9.2. And no, the app is entirely written in Swift. Some pods are using objective-C.

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 0:03











  • So I was able to get this to work by disabling bitcode, but that seems like an ineffective fix

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 6:04















1















I recently updated my Xcode and reinstalled an older version for an app that is built on an older version of Xcode.



So I now have Xcode 10 as well as Xcode 9.2 installed on my computer.



I have set the default in the command line to Xcode 9.2, I have changed the location to Xcode 9.2



I have tried to load Name.xcworkspace as opposed to Name.xcodeproj in finder.



I have tried deintegrating and reinstalling my Cocoapods



And yet I keep getting this error whenever I try to build an archive.



What else can I try? I need to push a new build to the App Store, and with this bug, I can't at all.



I am also noticing that Jump to Definition does not work either, so I am assuming there must be some relationship here.



That being said, development versions of the app build fine for the simulator.



What else could be going wrong here? How do I fix this?



I've seen some questions about this, but I have done everything those other questions ask



Full error log:



Ld /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy normal armv7
cd /Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy
export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.0
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch armv7 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.2.sdk -L/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/CardIO/CardIO -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/GoogleAnalytics/Libraries -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/PayPal-iOS-SDK/PayPalMobile -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/ARChromeActivity -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AeroGearHttp -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AeroGearOAuth2 -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Alamofire -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AlamofireNetworkActivityIndicator -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Bolts -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EAIntroView -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EARestrictedScrollView -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EmitterKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Eureka -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKCoreKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKLoginKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKShareKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookCore -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookLogin -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookShare -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/GMStepper -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/GoogleToolboxForMac -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/KINWebBrowser -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Koloda -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/PKHUD -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SimpleKeychain -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SnapKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SwiftyJSON -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/TUSafariActivity -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Unbox -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/UnboxedAlamofire -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/pop -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/AppsFlyerFramework -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Button -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseAnalytics/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseCore/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseInstanceID/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Google/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Pushwoosh/Framework -filelist /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy.LinkFileList -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @loader_path/Frameworks -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -miphoneos-version-min=10.0 -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy_lto.o -fembed-bitcode -Xlinker -bitcode_verify -Xlinker -bitcode_hide_symbols -Xlinker -bitcode_symbol_map -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -Xlinker -final_output -Xlinker /Applications/Candy.app/Candy -fobjc-link-runtime -L/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphoneos -Xlinker -add_ast_path -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy.swiftmodule -ObjC -lCardIO -lGoogleAnalytics -lPayPalMobile -lc++ -lopencv_core -lopencv_imgproc -lsqlite3 -lstdc++ -lz -framework ARChromeActivity -framework AVFoundation -framework Accelerate -framework AdSupport -framework AddressBook -framework AeroGearHttp -framework AeroGearOAuth2 -framework Alamofire -framework AlamofireNetworkActivityIndicator -framework AppsFlyerLib -framework AssetsLibrary -framework AudioToolbox -framework Bolts -framework Button -framework CoreData -framework CoreFoundation -framework CoreLocation -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework EAIntroView -framework EARestrictedScrollView -framework EmitterKit -framework Eureka -framework FBSDKCoreKit -framework FBSDKLoginKit -framework FBSDKShareKit -framework FacebookCore -framework FacebookLogin -framework FacebookShare -framework FirebaseAnalytics -framework FirebaseCore -framework FirebaseInstanceID -framework GGLAnalytics -framework GGLCore -framework GMStepper -framework GoogleToolboxForMac -framework KINWebBrowser -framework Koloda -framework MessageUI -framework MobileCoreServices -framework OpenGLES -framework PKHUD -framework Pushwoosh -framework QuartzCore -framework Security -framework SimpleKeychain -framework SnapKit -framework StoreKit -framework SwiftyJSON -framework SystemConfiguration -framework TUSafariActivity -framework UIKit -framework Unbox -framework UnboxedAlamofire -framework iAd -framework pop -framework AdSupport -framework iAd -framework Pods_Candy -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy

ld: warning: Some object files have incompatible Objective-C category definitions. Some category metadata may be lost. All files containing Objective-C categories should be built using the same compiler.
ld: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: 'Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '1000.11.45.2_0' Reader: '900.0.39.2_0')', using libLTO version 'LLVM version 9.0.0, (clang-900.0.39.2)' for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)









share|improve this question
























  • Show more details of the error from the issue navigator.

    – MwcsMac
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:34











  • Added the error log

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:39











  • Does your code include Objective-C or just the Cocoapods? What version is of Xcode was the app built under when you say older version? Did you run the covert to update code?

    – MwcsMac
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:59











  • It was built under 9.2 or 9.3. I updated Xcode, but I reinstalled older Xcode. I am getting these errors in Xcode 9.2. And no, the app is entirely written in Swift. Some pods are using objective-C.

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 0:03











  • So I was able to get this to work by disabling bitcode, but that seems like an ineffective fix

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 6:04













1












1








1


1






I recently updated my Xcode and reinstalled an older version for an app that is built on an older version of Xcode.



So I now have Xcode 10 as well as Xcode 9.2 installed on my computer.



I have set the default in the command line to Xcode 9.2, I have changed the location to Xcode 9.2



I have tried to load Name.xcworkspace as opposed to Name.xcodeproj in finder.



I have tried deintegrating and reinstalling my Cocoapods



And yet I keep getting this error whenever I try to build an archive.



What else can I try? I need to push a new build to the App Store, and with this bug, I can't at all.



I am also noticing that Jump to Definition does not work either, so I am assuming there must be some relationship here.



That being said, development versions of the app build fine for the simulator.



What else could be going wrong here? How do I fix this?



I've seen some questions about this, but I have done everything those other questions ask



Full error log:



Ld /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy normal armv7
cd /Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy
export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.0
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch armv7 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.2.sdk -L/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/CardIO/CardIO -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/GoogleAnalytics/Libraries -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/PayPal-iOS-SDK/PayPalMobile -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/ARChromeActivity -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AeroGearHttp -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AeroGearOAuth2 -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Alamofire -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AlamofireNetworkActivityIndicator -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Bolts -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EAIntroView -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EARestrictedScrollView -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EmitterKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Eureka -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKCoreKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKLoginKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKShareKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookCore -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookLogin -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookShare -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/GMStepper -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/GoogleToolboxForMac -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/KINWebBrowser -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Koloda -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/PKHUD -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SimpleKeychain -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SnapKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SwiftyJSON -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/TUSafariActivity -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Unbox -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/UnboxedAlamofire -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/pop -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/AppsFlyerFramework -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Button -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseAnalytics/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseCore/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseInstanceID/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Google/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Pushwoosh/Framework -filelist /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy.LinkFileList -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @loader_path/Frameworks -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -miphoneos-version-min=10.0 -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy_lto.o -fembed-bitcode -Xlinker -bitcode_verify -Xlinker -bitcode_hide_symbols -Xlinker -bitcode_symbol_map -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -Xlinker -final_output -Xlinker /Applications/Candy.app/Candy -fobjc-link-runtime -L/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphoneos -Xlinker -add_ast_path -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy.swiftmodule -ObjC -lCardIO -lGoogleAnalytics -lPayPalMobile -lc++ -lopencv_core -lopencv_imgproc -lsqlite3 -lstdc++ -lz -framework ARChromeActivity -framework AVFoundation -framework Accelerate -framework AdSupport -framework AddressBook -framework AeroGearHttp -framework AeroGearOAuth2 -framework Alamofire -framework AlamofireNetworkActivityIndicator -framework AppsFlyerLib -framework AssetsLibrary -framework AudioToolbox -framework Bolts -framework Button -framework CoreData -framework CoreFoundation -framework CoreLocation -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework EAIntroView -framework EARestrictedScrollView -framework EmitterKit -framework Eureka -framework FBSDKCoreKit -framework FBSDKLoginKit -framework FBSDKShareKit -framework FacebookCore -framework FacebookLogin -framework FacebookShare -framework FirebaseAnalytics -framework FirebaseCore -framework FirebaseInstanceID -framework GGLAnalytics -framework GGLCore -framework GMStepper -framework GoogleToolboxForMac -framework KINWebBrowser -framework Koloda -framework MessageUI -framework MobileCoreServices -framework OpenGLES -framework PKHUD -framework Pushwoosh -framework QuartzCore -framework Security -framework SimpleKeychain -framework SnapKit -framework StoreKit -framework SwiftyJSON -framework SystemConfiguration -framework TUSafariActivity -framework UIKit -framework Unbox -framework UnboxedAlamofire -framework iAd -framework pop -framework AdSupport -framework iAd -framework Pods_Candy -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy

ld: warning: Some object files have incompatible Objective-C category definitions. Some category metadata may be lost. All files containing Objective-C categories should be built using the same compiler.
ld: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: 'Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '1000.11.45.2_0' Reader: '900.0.39.2_0')', using libLTO version 'LLVM version 9.0.0, (clang-900.0.39.2)' for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)









share|improve this question
















I recently updated my Xcode and reinstalled an older version for an app that is built on an older version of Xcode.



So I now have Xcode 10 as well as Xcode 9.2 installed on my computer.



I have set the default in the command line to Xcode 9.2, I have changed the location to Xcode 9.2



I have tried to load Name.xcworkspace as opposed to Name.xcodeproj in finder.



I have tried deintegrating and reinstalling my Cocoapods



And yet I keep getting this error whenever I try to build an archive.



What else can I try? I need to push a new build to the App Store, and with this bug, I can't at all.



I am also noticing that Jump to Definition does not work either, so I am assuming there must be some relationship here.



That being said, development versions of the app build fine for the simulator.



What else could be going wrong here? How do I fix this?



I've seen some questions about this, but I have done everything those other questions ask



Full error log:



Ld /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy normal armv7
cd /Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy
export IPHONEOS_DEPLOYMENT_TARGET=10.0
export PATH="/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/usr/bin:/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin:/usr/local/bin:/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin"
/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/bin/clang -arch armv7 -isysroot /Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/iPhoneOS.platform/Developer/SDKs/iPhoneOS11.2.sdk -L/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/CardIO/CardIO -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/GoogleAnalytics/Libraries -L/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/PayPal-iOS-SDK/PayPalMobile -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/ARChromeActivity -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AeroGearHttp -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AeroGearOAuth2 -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Alamofire -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/AlamofireNetworkActivityIndicator -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Bolts -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EAIntroView -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EARestrictedScrollView -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/EmitterKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Eureka -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKCoreKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKLoginKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FBSDKShareKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookCore -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookLogin -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/FacebookShare -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/GMStepper -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/GoogleToolboxForMac -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/KINWebBrowser -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Koloda -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/PKHUD -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SimpleKeychain -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SnapKit -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/SwiftyJSON -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/TUSafariActivity -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/Unbox -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/UnboxedAlamofire -F/Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos/pop -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/AppsFlyerFramework -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Button -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseAnalytics/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseCore/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/FirebaseInstanceID/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Google/Frameworks -F/Users/andy/Desktop/Projects/pinyada-final/candy/Candy/Pods/Pushwoosh/Framework -filelist /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy.LinkFileList -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @loader_path/Frameworks -Xlinker -rpath -Xlinker @executable_path/Frameworks -miphoneos-version-min=10.0 -dead_strip -Xlinker -object_path_lto -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy_lto.o -fembed-bitcode -Xlinker -bitcode_verify -Xlinker -bitcode_hide_symbols -Xlinker -bitcode_symbol_map -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/BuildProductsPath/Release-iphoneos -Xlinker -final_output -Xlinker /Applications/Candy.app/Candy -fobjc-link-runtime -L/Applications/Xcode 9.2.app/Contents/Developer/Toolchains/XcodeDefault.xctoolchain/usr/lib/swift/iphoneos -Xlinker -add_ast_path -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy.swiftmodule -ObjC -lCardIO -lGoogleAnalytics -lPayPalMobile -lc++ -lopencv_core -lopencv_imgproc -lsqlite3 -lstdc++ -lz -framework ARChromeActivity -framework AVFoundation -framework Accelerate -framework AdSupport -framework AddressBook -framework AeroGearHttp -framework AeroGearOAuth2 -framework Alamofire -framework AlamofireNetworkActivityIndicator -framework AppsFlyerLib -framework AssetsLibrary -framework AudioToolbox -framework Bolts -framework Button -framework CoreData -framework CoreFoundation -framework CoreLocation -framework CoreMedia -framework CoreMotion -framework CoreVideo -framework EAIntroView -framework EARestrictedScrollView -framework EmitterKit -framework Eureka -framework FBSDKCoreKit -framework FBSDKLoginKit -framework FBSDKShareKit -framework FacebookCore -framework FacebookLogin -framework FacebookShare -framework FirebaseAnalytics -framework FirebaseCore -framework FirebaseInstanceID -framework GGLAnalytics -framework GGLCore -framework GMStepper -framework GoogleToolboxForMac -framework KINWebBrowser -framework Koloda -framework MessageUI -framework MobileCoreServices -framework OpenGLES -framework PKHUD -framework Pushwoosh -framework QuartzCore -framework Security -framework SimpleKeychain -framework SnapKit -framework StoreKit -framework SwiftyJSON -framework SystemConfiguration -framework TUSafariActivity -framework UIKit -framework Unbox -framework UnboxedAlamofire -framework iAd -framework pop -framework AdSupport -framework iAd -framework Pods_Candy -Xlinker -dependency_info -Xlinker /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy_dependency_info.dat -o /Users/andy/Library/Developer/Xcode/DerivedData/Candy-dcszzxlovxhznvggxxjbcwvojdkc/Build/Intermediates.noindex/ArchiveIntermediates/Candy/IntermediateBuildFilesPath/Candy.build/Release-iphoneos/Candy.build/Objects-normal/armv7/Candy

ld: warning: Some object files have incompatible Objective-C category definitions. Some category metadata may be lost. All files containing Objective-C categories should be built using the same compiler.
ld: could not reparse object file in bitcode bundle: 'Invalid bitcode version (Producer: '1000.11.45.2_0' Reader: '900.0.39.2_0')', using libLTO version 'LLVM version 9.0.0, (clang-900.0.39.2)' for architecture armv7
clang: error: linker command failed with exit code 1 (use -v to see invocation)






ios swift xcode






share|improve this question















share|improve this question













share|improve this question




share|improve this question








edited Oct 29 '18 at 23:38







Andrew Alexander

















asked Oct 29 '18 at 23:12









Andrew AlexanderAndrew Alexander

3,1052175138




3,1052175138












  • Show more details of the error from the issue navigator.

    – MwcsMac
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:34











  • Added the error log

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:39











  • Does your code include Objective-C or just the Cocoapods? What version is of Xcode was the app built under when you say older version? Did you run the covert to update code?

    – MwcsMac
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:59











  • It was built under 9.2 or 9.3. I updated Xcode, but I reinstalled older Xcode. I am getting these errors in Xcode 9.2. And no, the app is entirely written in Swift. Some pods are using objective-C.

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 0:03











  • So I was able to get this to work by disabling bitcode, but that seems like an ineffective fix

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 6:04

















  • Show more details of the error from the issue navigator.

    – MwcsMac
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:34











  • Added the error log

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:39











  • Does your code include Objective-C or just the Cocoapods? What version is of Xcode was the app built under when you say older version? Did you run the covert to update code?

    – MwcsMac
    Oct 29 '18 at 23:59











  • It was built under 9.2 or 9.3. I updated Xcode, but I reinstalled older Xcode. I am getting these errors in Xcode 9.2. And no, the app is entirely written in Swift. Some pods are using objective-C.

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 0:03











  • So I was able to get this to work by disabling bitcode, but that seems like an ineffective fix

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 6:04
















Show more details of the error from the issue navigator.

– MwcsMac
Oct 29 '18 at 23:34





Show more details of the error from the issue navigator.

– MwcsMac
Oct 29 '18 at 23:34













Added the error log

– Andrew Alexander
Oct 29 '18 at 23:39





Added the error log

– Andrew Alexander
Oct 29 '18 at 23:39













Does your code include Objective-C or just the Cocoapods? What version is of Xcode was the app built under when you say older version? Did you run the covert to update code?

– MwcsMac
Oct 29 '18 at 23:59





Does your code include Objective-C or just the Cocoapods? What version is of Xcode was the app built under when you say older version? Did you run the covert to update code?

– MwcsMac
Oct 29 '18 at 23:59













It was built under 9.2 or 9.3. I updated Xcode, but I reinstalled older Xcode. I am getting these errors in Xcode 9.2. And no, the app is entirely written in Swift. Some pods are using objective-C.

– Andrew Alexander
Oct 30 '18 at 0:03





It was built under 9.2 or 9.3. I updated Xcode, but I reinstalled older Xcode. I am getting these errors in Xcode 9.2. And no, the app is entirely written in Swift. Some pods are using objective-C.

– Andrew Alexander
Oct 30 '18 at 0:03













So I was able to get this to work by disabling bitcode, but that seems like an ineffective fix

– Andrew Alexander
Oct 30 '18 at 6:04





So I was able to get this to work by disabling bitcode, but that seems like an ineffective fix

– Andrew Alexander
Oct 30 '18 at 6:04












2 Answers
2






active

oldest

votes


















0














Go to xCode > Prefrences > Locations, and delete all Archives and Derived Data, do a clean build and you are done.






share|improve this answer























  • I tried that too. Did not work. Only switching bitcode to off worked

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 12:20











  • Ah! Bitcode, yes, it would do the trick.

    – Akshit Verma
    Nov 10 '18 at 14:32











  • Can you explain why?

    – Andrew Alexander
    Nov 10 '18 at 14:40











  • @AndrewAlexander explained in a new answer.

    – Akshit Verma
    Nov 13 '18 at 13:14


















0














When you build your project, Xcode invokes clang for Objective-C targets and swift/swiftc for Swift targets. Both of these compilers compile the app to an intermediate representation (IR), one of these IRs is bitcode. From this IR, a program called LLVM takes over and creates the binaries needed for x86 32 and 64 bit modes (for the simulator) and arm6/arm7/arm7s/arm64 (for the device). Normally, all of these different binaries are lumped together in a single file called a fat binary.



The ENABLE_BITCODE option cuts out this final step. It creates a version of the app with an IR bitcode binary. This has a number of nice features, but one giant drawback: it can't run anywhere. In order to get an app with a bitcode binary to run, the bitcode needs to be recompiled (maybe assembled or transcoded… I'm not sure of the correct verb) into an x86 or ARM binary.



Now, in your case some third party library must have bitcode disabled and hence you will also need you disable bitcode in your project. @Andrew






share|improve this answer






















    Your Answer






    StackExchange.ifUsing("editor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function ()
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function ()
    StackExchange.snippets.init();
    );
    );
    , "code-snippets");

    StackExchange.ready(function()
    var channelOptions =
    tags: "".split(" "),
    id: "1"
    ;
    initTagRenderer("".split(" "), "".split(" "), channelOptions);

    StackExchange.using("externalEditor", function()
    // Have to fire editor after snippets, if snippets enabled
    if (StackExchange.settings.snippets.snippetsEnabled)
    StackExchange.using("snippets", function()
    createEditor();
    );

    else
    createEditor();

    );

    function createEditor()
    StackExchange.prepareEditor(
    heartbeatType: 'answer',
    autoActivateHeartbeat: false,
    convertImagesToLinks: true,
    noModals: true,
    showLowRepImageUploadWarning: true,
    reputationToPostImages: 10,
    bindNavPrevention: true,
    postfix: "",
    imageUploader:
    brandingHtml: "Powered by u003ca class="icon-imgur-white" href="https://imgur.com/"u003eu003c/au003e",
    contentPolicyHtml: "User contributions licensed under u003ca href="https://creativecommons.org/licenses/by-sa/3.0/"u003ecc by-sa 3.0 with attribution requiredu003c/au003e u003ca href="https://stackoverflow.com/legal/content-policy"u003e(content policy)u003c/au003e",
    allowUrls: true
    ,
    onDemand: true,
    discardSelector: ".discard-answer"
    ,immediatelyShowMarkdownHelp:true
    );



    );













    draft saved

    draft discarded


















    StackExchange.ready(
    function ()
    StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f53055219%2ferror-from-trying-to-build-archive-xcode-clang-error-linker-command-failed-wi%23new-answer', 'question_page');

    );

    Post as a guest















    Required, but never shown

























    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes








    2 Answers
    2






    active

    oldest

    votes









    active

    oldest

    votes






    active

    oldest

    votes









    0














    Go to xCode > Prefrences > Locations, and delete all Archives and Derived Data, do a clean build and you are done.






    share|improve this answer























    • I tried that too. Did not work. Only switching bitcode to off worked

      – Andrew Alexander
      Oct 30 '18 at 12:20











    • Ah! Bitcode, yes, it would do the trick.

      – Akshit Verma
      Nov 10 '18 at 14:32











    • Can you explain why?

      – Andrew Alexander
      Nov 10 '18 at 14:40











    • @AndrewAlexander explained in a new answer.

      – Akshit Verma
      Nov 13 '18 at 13:14















    0














    Go to xCode > Prefrences > Locations, and delete all Archives and Derived Data, do a clean build and you are done.






    share|improve this answer























    • I tried that too. Did not work. Only switching bitcode to off worked

      – Andrew Alexander
      Oct 30 '18 at 12:20











    • Ah! Bitcode, yes, it would do the trick.

      – Akshit Verma
      Nov 10 '18 at 14:32











    • Can you explain why?

      – Andrew Alexander
      Nov 10 '18 at 14:40











    • @AndrewAlexander explained in a new answer.

      – Akshit Verma
      Nov 13 '18 at 13:14













    0












    0








    0







    Go to xCode > Prefrences > Locations, and delete all Archives and Derived Data, do a clean build and you are done.






    share|improve this answer













    Go to xCode > Prefrences > Locations, and delete all Archives and Derived Data, do a clean build and you are done.







    share|improve this answer












    share|improve this answer



    share|improve this answer










    answered Oct 30 '18 at 9:21









    Akshit VermaAkshit Verma

    12




    12












    • I tried that too. Did not work. Only switching bitcode to off worked

      – Andrew Alexander
      Oct 30 '18 at 12:20











    • Ah! Bitcode, yes, it would do the trick.

      – Akshit Verma
      Nov 10 '18 at 14:32











    • Can you explain why?

      – Andrew Alexander
      Nov 10 '18 at 14:40











    • @AndrewAlexander explained in a new answer.

      – Akshit Verma
      Nov 13 '18 at 13:14

















    • I tried that too. Did not work. Only switching bitcode to off worked

      – Andrew Alexander
      Oct 30 '18 at 12:20











    • Ah! Bitcode, yes, it would do the trick.

      – Akshit Verma
      Nov 10 '18 at 14:32











    • Can you explain why?

      – Andrew Alexander
      Nov 10 '18 at 14:40











    • @AndrewAlexander explained in a new answer.

      – Akshit Verma
      Nov 13 '18 at 13:14
















    I tried that too. Did not work. Only switching bitcode to off worked

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 12:20





    I tried that too. Did not work. Only switching bitcode to off worked

    – Andrew Alexander
    Oct 30 '18 at 12:20













    Ah! Bitcode, yes, it would do the trick.

    – Akshit Verma
    Nov 10 '18 at 14:32





    Ah! Bitcode, yes, it would do the trick.

    – Akshit Verma
    Nov 10 '18 at 14:32













    Can you explain why?

    – Andrew Alexander
    Nov 10 '18 at 14:40





    Can you explain why?

    – Andrew Alexander
    Nov 10 '18 at 14:40













    @AndrewAlexander explained in a new answer.

    – Akshit Verma
    Nov 13 '18 at 13:14





    @AndrewAlexander explained in a new answer.

    – Akshit Verma
    Nov 13 '18 at 13:14













    0














    When you build your project, Xcode invokes clang for Objective-C targets and swift/swiftc for Swift targets. Both of these compilers compile the app to an intermediate representation (IR), one of these IRs is bitcode. From this IR, a program called LLVM takes over and creates the binaries needed for x86 32 and 64 bit modes (for the simulator) and arm6/arm7/arm7s/arm64 (for the device). Normally, all of these different binaries are lumped together in a single file called a fat binary.



    The ENABLE_BITCODE option cuts out this final step. It creates a version of the app with an IR bitcode binary. This has a number of nice features, but one giant drawback: it can't run anywhere. In order to get an app with a bitcode binary to run, the bitcode needs to be recompiled (maybe assembled or transcoded… I'm not sure of the correct verb) into an x86 or ARM binary.



    Now, in your case some third party library must have bitcode disabled and hence you will also need you disable bitcode in your project. @Andrew






    share|improve this answer



























      0














      When you build your project, Xcode invokes clang for Objective-C targets and swift/swiftc for Swift targets. Both of these compilers compile the app to an intermediate representation (IR), one of these IRs is bitcode. From this IR, a program called LLVM takes over and creates the binaries needed for x86 32 and 64 bit modes (for the simulator) and arm6/arm7/arm7s/arm64 (for the device). Normally, all of these different binaries are lumped together in a single file called a fat binary.



      The ENABLE_BITCODE option cuts out this final step. It creates a version of the app with an IR bitcode binary. This has a number of nice features, but one giant drawback: it can't run anywhere. In order to get an app with a bitcode binary to run, the bitcode needs to be recompiled (maybe assembled or transcoded… I'm not sure of the correct verb) into an x86 or ARM binary.



      Now, in your case some third party library must have bitcode disabled and hence you will also need you disable bitcode in your project. @Andrew






      share|improve this answer

























        0












        0








        0







        When you build your project, Xcode invokes clang for Objective-C targets and swift/swiftc for Swift targets. Both of these compilers compile the app to an intermediate representation (IR), one of these IRs is bitcode. From this IR, a program called LLVM takes over and creates the binaries needed for x86 32 and 64 bit modes (for the simulator) and arm6/arm7/arm7s/arm64 (for the device). Normally, all of these different binaries are lumped together in a single file called a fat binary.



        The ENABLE_BITCODE option cuts out this final step. It creates a version of the app with an IR bitcode binary. This has a number of nice features, but one giant drawback: it can't run anywhere. In order to get an app with a bitcode binary to run, the bitcode needs to be recompiled (maybe assembled or transcoded… I'm not sure of the correct verb) into an x86 or ARM binary.



        Now, in your case some third party library must have bitcode disabled and hence you will also need you disable bitcode in your project. @Andrew






        share|improve this answer













        When you build your project, Xcode invokes clang for Objective-C targets and swift/swiftc for Swift targets. Both of these compilers compile the app to an intermediate representation (IR), one of these IRs is bitcode. From this IR, a program called LLVM takes over and creates the binaries needed for x86 32 and 64 bit modes (for the simulator) and arm6/arm7/arm7s/arm64 (for the device). Normally, all of these different binaries are lumped together in a single file called a fat binary.



        The ENABLE_BITCODE option cuts out this final step. It creates a version of the app with an IR bitcode binary. This has a number of nice features, but one giant drawback: it can't run anywhere. In order to get an app with a bitcode binary to run, the bitcode needs to be recompiled (maybe assembled or transcoded… I'm not sure of the correct verb) into an x86 or ARM binary.



        Now, in your case some third party library must have bitcode disabled and hence you will also need you disable bitcode in your project. @Andrew







        share|improve this answer












        share|improve this answer



        share|improve this answer










        answered Nov 13 '18 at 13:13









        Akshit VermaAkshit Verma

        12




        12



























            draft saved

            draft discarded
















































            Thanks for contributing an answer to Stack Overflow!


            • Please be sure to answer the question. Provide details and share your research!

            But avoid


            • Asking for help, clarification, or responding to other answers.

            • Making statements based on opinion; back them up with references or personal experience.

            To learn more, see our tips on writing great answers.




            draft saved


            draft discarded














            StackExchange.ready(
            function ()
            StackExchange.openid.initPostLogin('.new-post-login', 'https%3a%2f%2fstackoverflow.com%2fquestions%2f53055219%2ferror-from-trying-to-build-archive-xcode-clang-error-linker-command-failed-wi%23new-answer', 'question_page');

            );

            Post as a guest















            Required, but never shown





















































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown

































            Required, but never shown














            Required, but never shown












            Required, but never shown







            Required, but never shown